This Lemon Dijon Grilled Chicken is refreshingly zesty, savory, and perfect for grilling season! Healthy to boot.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness and towel dried
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping TB pure honey
- 1 heaping TB stone ground/coarse mustard (with whole seeds)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil or parsley for garnish
- Make the marinade: In a bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine well. Reserve about 1/4 cup for later basting. Using a fork, pierce towel-dried chicken all over. Place chicken in the bowl of marinade and toss to combine well. Let sit in marinade 30 min to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, grease and heat grill on high. Place chicken on grill (discard used marinade.) Cook and baste with reserved 1/4 cup of marinade, about 4 min per side, depending on the thickness of chicken. Don’t over cook; remove from heat as soon as nice grill marks are achieved and center is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and basil or parsley and serve immediately.
- Category: main dish