This Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken is incredibly easy and succulent. It’s a simple weeknight meal, yet delicious enough for the weekend.
- For the Chicken:
- 10–12 chicken legs
- 4–5 slices lemon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- For the Marinade:
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 TB melted butter
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 TB fresh or dried rosemary
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Hand-whisk together all marinade ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Towel-dry chicken legs and use a fork to pierce holes throughout chicken pieces. Add to the large bowl with marinade. Turn to coat well and let sit in marinade for 1 hour at room temp.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425F, with rack on lower middle position. In a large baking dish, place chicken legs in a single layer. Evenly distribute marinade over the chicken. Arrange onion and lemon slices in between and around chicken pieces.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, basting with juices from the pan after 30 minutes. Baste every 10 minutes thereafter, until chicken is done and nicely browned. Let rest at room temp 5 minutes before serving. Serve chicken with juices poured over the top.
- Category: Main Dish, Dinner