Nothing is as refreshingly delicious as a bowl of Lemon Spinach Orzo Salad during the spring and summer months. Perfect for lunch at work, a light dinner, or for a picnic.
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 5 TB fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp pure honey
- 1 tsp coarse ground or whole seed mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup diced/sliced cucumber
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Optional: 1/2 cup crumbed bacon, 1/2 cup toasted nuts (almonds or pecans work well)
- In a heavy pot of well-salted water, cook orzo just until al dente. Drain and rinse; Toss with 1 TB olive oil to prevent sticking; set aside.
- While orzo is cooking, make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, 2 TB olive oil, honey, mustard, kosher salt, pepper, garlic, and shallots (dressing can also be made ahead of time; cover and keep chilled until ready to use.)
- Gently toss dressing with orzo. Add remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine well. Sprinkle with bacon and/or nuts, if desired.
Dressing can be made 1-2 days ahead of time and chilled in airtight container.
Keywords: Lemon Spinach Orzo Salad