Here’s the scoop on How to Make Cold Brew Coffee. No fancy equipment needed. It’s simple, affordable, and SO smooth. It just might become the only way you do coffee.
- 4 oz freshly coarse ground (French press ground) coffee
- 4 cups room temperature filtered water
- Place ground coffee in a pourable container or pitcher. Gradually add filtered water. Stir gently to combine well. Press ground coffee down gently to fully immerse. Cover and let brew/steep at room temperature for 12-24 hours (longer brew time results in richer flavor.) Do not stir anymore after this.
- Place two layers of cheesecloth over a fine mesh sieve, set over another container/pitcher. Gently and slowly pour brewed coffee into the container, letting the cheesecloth catch any ground coffee that may emerge. Stop pouring once most of the liquid has been poured out. Repeat process once more, to ensure that no grinds get into your coffee (you can re-use the same cheesecloth after cleaning it out.)
- Your cold brew will be in concentrate form. Add desired amount of water to dilute and to taste. Pour into individual glasses/mugs. Serve with cream or sugar, or simply as is. It’s delicious straight!
You can have 1/2 to 1 lbs fresh beans ground (depending on how quickly you’ll use it) and measure out 4 oz each time you brew a new batch. Keep unused ground coffee airtight in freezer, for freshness.
Use filtered water for best flavor.
Brewing/steeping at room temp allows for better intensity.
Be sure to throw used grinds in the trash, and not the sink disposal, as it could clog up your disposal.
Cold brew can be made into a wonderfully enjoyable hot mug of coffee – simply pour into your mug and microwave!
- Category: drink, beverage