Healthy and boldly flavorful, this Mango Black Bean Salsa Dip is a sure hit every time you serve it. It’s festively colorful, wonderfully textured, and tastes irresistible. It can easily be made ahead of time.
- 1 large (or 2 medium) just-ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (15 oz) seasoned black beans, lightly rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, gently fold together all ingredients. If needed, adjust salt and pepper amounts to taste. If using, gently fold in 1 tsp honey at a time, to taste.
- Cover tightly and chill until ready to serve (flavor gets better with a few hours’ worth of time; can also be made the night before.)
- Serve with your favorite variety of chips.
This mango salsa is also delicious over grilled seafood or a green salad.
If your mangoes aren’t sweet enough, gently fold in 1 tsp honey at a time, to taste.
- Category: appetizer, snack, salsa
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Mexican American