Hi, we are The Oatmeal Family.
Recently, our tribe fist-bumped each other for successfully completing our second annual 30-day sugar fast — woo hoo! Right after that, the first thing we inhaled was oatmeal. Like, whoppers and heaps of yummy oatmeal.
Friends, it wasn’t just any old oatmeal we enthusiastically feasted on. It was this glorious Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal recipe that happens to be gluten-free and refined-sugar free. We weren’t even trying for a gluten-free, sugar-free baked oatmeal recipe, but it’s just how this oatmeal bake naturally rolls. [See what I did there? 😉]
Bonus: it tastes jaw-dropping delicious.
Bake it the night before
Literally toss together the simple ingredients, bake it, and let it cool at room temperature overnight while you get your zzzz’s and press the snooze button as many times as you like.
I mentioned the goodness that goes into our Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal — sweetened with only raw, unfiltered honey and fortified your favorite kind of milk.
All that’s left for you to do is gather ’round with your people, slice into that massively delicious Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal, and dig in.
A drizzle of pure maple syrup is [kind of] optional but [always] recommended.
Watch: Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal:
Right?!👆🏼 Did I not humbly proclaim that this is no ordinary oatmeal bake? Print
Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (Gluten-Free)
This Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is bursting with mouthwatering flavor. It’s loaded with nutrients, it’s gluten-free, and a delicious way to start the day off right. Bonus: it’s super easy and can be completely made the night before.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
Yield: 8 1x
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 TB ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 cups milk (any variety is fine)
- 1/2 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 heaping TB applesauce
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- Top with: toasted nuts, fresh berries, or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack on middle position. Grease inside of an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, honey/maple syrup, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract until well combined. Gently stir the oat mixture with the milk mixture until incorporated. Pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake about 38 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Let cool at room temp for at least 10 minutes (or overnight, loosely covered) before serving. Top as desired and serve warm or at room temp.
If you bake this up the night before, cover and let cool at room temp overnight. Reheat in oven or toaster oven the next morning.
This recipe as written results in a tender, deliciously moist baked oatmeal that cuts easily into squares. If you prefer a drier, crispier, crumbly texture, use 1/4 cup less milk and bake a little longer.
- Category: breakfast, brunch
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: baked oatmeal
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram