This Maple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is bursting with mouthwatering flavor. It’s loaded with nutrients, it’s gluten-free, and a delicious way to start the day off right. Bonus: it’s super easy and can be completely made the night before.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 TB ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 cups milk (any variety is fine)
- 1/2 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 heaping TB applesauce
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- Top with: toasted nuts, fresh berries, or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack on middle position. Grease inside of an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, honey/maple syrup, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract until well combined. Gently stir the oat mixture with the milk mixture until incorporated. Pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake about 38 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Let cool at room temp for at least 10 minutes (or overnight, loosely covered) before serving. Top as desired and serve warm or at room temp.
If you bake this up the night before, cover and let cool at room temp overnight. Reheat in oven or toaster oven the next morning.
This recipe as written results in a tender, deliciously moist baked oatmeal that cuts easily into squares. If you prefer a drier, crispier, crumbly texture, use 1/4 cup less milk and bake a little longer.
- Category: breakfast, brunch
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked oatmeal