Mexican flavors and brunch join forces in this delicious Mexican Breakfast Potato Bake. It’s super easy, feeds a hungry crowd, and is bound to become a favorite.
- 1 lb chorizo, cooked and crumbled (Mexican spicy sausage, no casings)
- 30 oz plain hash browns, frozen or refrigerated
- 1 1/2 cup Mexican blend or taco blend shredded cheese (cheddar jack, if you can’t find those)
- 2 cups chunky salsa (don’t drain)
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional Garnish: thinly sliced green onions, chopped tomatoes, and extra salsa to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese and set it aside. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate well. Transfer to a greased 9×13 baking dish. Top evenly with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until cheese is bubbly and top is golden brown (if top starts browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil.) Garnish as desired. Serve while warm, with extra salsa if desired.