This Mexican Pasta Bake has all the delicious Tex Mex flavors you love. Easy weeknight meal the whole family will devour.
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 (1.25 oz) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 jar (about 15–20 oz) mild chunky salsa
- 1 small chopped and seeded green pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 12 oz uncooked pasta of choice
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Cook pasta in well-salted water to al dente only. Drain (don’t rinse) and set aside.
- In large heavy skillet, brown ground meat over medium heat. Drain if needed. Stir in taco seasoning, salsa, green pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Bring to boil, stirring. Immediately remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, combine cooked pasta with 1 cup of the cheese and sour cream and mix well. Spoon into a greased 2-qt baking dish. Top with the meat mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 350F for 30 minutes. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Category: Dinner, Main, Past
- Cuisine: Mexican