This Mexican Rice Salad is chock full of goodies. Black beans, sweet corn, bell peppers, lime, cilantro, spices, and of course fluffy soft rice! Add grilled chicken to make it a hearty meal in one. Easy and delish!
- 1 box (4 packets) of Success® Jasmine Rice cooked according to package instructions (about 2 cups, cooked)
- 2 (15 oz each) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sweet whole corn kernels
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 limes, both zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 semi-ripe avocado, chopped and sprinkled with a splash of lime juice (chop avocado just before serving)
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine all ingredients except for avocados. Gently toss ingredients together with a rubber spatula until well incorporated. Cover and chill in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add chopped avocados. If needed, add additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Toss gently to mix well. Serve cold or at room temp. Leftovers can be chilled in airtight container for 1-2 days.
Serve as an appetizer with chips, as a side dish, or even a light main dish! If desired, add grilled chicken or shrimp to make this a hearty meal in one.