This Mexican Style Cheesy Ravioli Bake is supremely easy and incredibly flavorful. It’s a favorite busy weeknight meal that’s delicious enough for guests.
- For the Sauce:
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 cup regular chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 TB granulated sugar
- 1 TB oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- For the Casserole:
- 1 package (20 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Garnishes: chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position.
- In a large saucepan/skillet, make the sauce: Add all sauce ingredients, stirring to combine well. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, evenly spread a thin layer of the sauce on bottom. Add half the ravioli, topped with half the sauce, followed by half the shredded cheese. Repeat layer with frozen ravioli, sauce, and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until cheese is golden and melty (if it starts browning too early, lightly tent with foil.) Garnish as desired and serve hot.
Casserole can be prepared ahead of time (hours ahead or even the night before) – cover tightly with foil and chill until ready to bake. If ravioli is defrosted by the time you bake, lessen the bake time to 25 minutes.