This Mexican Taco Salad is easy, flexible, and perfect for large crowds. Hearty, robust, and big on flavor, it is a winner at every party.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 1 small head iceberg or romaine lettuce, shredded or torn
- 2 cups nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (2.25 oz each) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 oz) sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 oz prepared salsa (jarred or homemade)
- 2 TB granulated sugar
- In a Dutch oven or large heavy pot, over medium heat, stir beef together with 1 envelope taco seasoning until cooked through. Drain and set aside beef.
- In a bowl, whisk together salad dressing, salsa, sugar, and 1 envelope taco seasoning. Transfer to desired dressing container and set aside.
- When ready to serve: Combine lettuce, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese, onion, corn, and beef in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle top with chips. Serve immediately.