Homemade Ice Cream is yours with just 5 basic ingredients. This tried and true mint chocolate chip ice cream is as good, if not better, than any other.
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1.5–2 tsp pure peppermint extract, or to taste
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped into tiny pieces
- Special Equipment: Ice cream maker
- In bowl, use whisk to combine milk and sugar until dissolved. Stir in heavy cream and peppermint. Turn ice cream maker on and pour mixture in and let church for about 25 min.
- During the last 5 minutes of churning, slowly add in chopped chocolate. Transfer ice cream in airtight container for at least 2-3 hours before enjoying (if you can wait that long.)
Purely for vanity sake, I added a few drops of green food coloring to my mixture. Food coloring is totally optional, and I go without. The mint chip flavor tastes exactly the same without color.
Feel free to play with flavor options: for example, use vanilla extract in place of peppermint for a regular chocolate-chip ice cream.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Homemade ice cream, Mint chip ice cream, Mint chocolate chip ice cream