This moist, buttery, almond-y poppy seed bread is fabulous for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. It is tender, rich, and lathered with the most decadent glaze. This sweet bread will get devoured fast!
- For the Bread:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups olive oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 TB poppy seeds
- 2 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp butter flavor extract (recommended)
- For the Glaze:
- 2 TB orange juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp butter flavor extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle. Generously grease and flour bottoms and sides of two glass or foil loaf pans (if using darker metal pan, lessen baking time.)
- In large bowl of stand mixer, combine all bread ingredients. Using paddle attachment, mix at medium speed until batter is fully incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of bowl, and evenly distribute batter into prepared pans. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached (not completely clean.) Take care not to over bake.
- Meanwhile, combine all glaze ingredients in a bowl and mix in the necessary amount of powder sugar for desired glaze consistency.
- When bread finishes baking, let rest on a wire rack in the pans for about 5 minutes. Poke holes over top of bread with a fork. Carefully remove bread from pans, place on plate, and drizzle glaze over warm bread.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert