Gingerbread with Cream Cheese Frosting
This gingerbread is ultra comforting, tender, and generously loaded with all your favorite holiday tastes. It’s not shy on the ginger, molasses, and delicious spices. We’ve even added a couple of surprise ingredients to maximize the season’s flavors.
Not to mention the 200% irresistible four-ingredient cream cheese frosting that takes this gingerbread loaf over the top in yumminess…
Gingerbread Key Ingredients
The dry ingredients for this gingerbread are simple but aplenty. We’ve doubled up on the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves for the ultimate aromatic experience. It’ll smell like you live in The Gingerbread House.
Combine that with beautiful molasses, brown sugar, and maple syrup. We swapped out half the typical amount of molasses and replaced it with secret ingredient maple syrup so the molasses doesn’t overwhelm. You get the best of both worlds: maple and molasses combined. We also opted for coconut oil for tender moistness and added another secret ingredient – warm apple cider.
With all that goodness melding together, you know this gingerbread loaf’s gonna sparkle like she deserves to.
Incredible Cream Cheese Frosting Makes Gingerbread Even Better
But we don’t stop there. We take it a bit further because this lovely gingerbread loaf is getting dressed up.
Make it a gazillion times more irresistible by glazing on this totally easy four-ingredient cream cheese frosting. We’re so into this luscious frosting, we lather it on pretty much everything we can find for it.
This cream cheese frosting is the bee’s knees and important to this gingerbread situation. You’ll get extra big smiles from your peeps when you provide extra cream cheese frosting on the side to spread onto slices as they eat. I know this from experience
Here’s to all the kitchens buzzing with warm gingerbread loaves this season.
You’ll really like this, too:
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Moist Gingerbread Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Generously grease a deep, nonstick 9" loaf pan. Flour bottom/sides of pan and tap out excess. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut oil, beaten egg, cider, maple syrup, and molasses. Use a hand whisk to combine until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, use hand whisk to gently stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Use rubber spatula to gently fold dry ingredients in small increments at a time, into wet ingredients just until combined and most lumps are gone; do not over stir it (some tiny lumps remaining are fine.)
- Evenly distribute batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake about 60 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean, with a few crumbs attached. Take care not to overbake. The center may be slightly indented, which is normal. Allow loaf to cool completely before removing and frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the Cream Cheese Frosting: In a bowl with hand whisk, whisk together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Cover and set aside at moderate room temp (or chill) until ready to use. If you chill it, be sure to let it soften enough before using it.
Warm apple cider helps prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying while stirring.
No matter how many variations I've baked, gingerbread is notorious for coming out slightly depressed in the center; just use frosting to cover up the imperfections 🙂
Nutrition (per serving)
It’s the most Ginger time of year