This Molten Chocolate Pudding Cake is a chocoholic’s dream come true. It’s fudgy, hot, ooey, gooey, and simply divine. It’s so easy to make from scratch, nothing artificial. Just deliciousness.
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups very strong brewed hot coffee (decaf ok)
- Optional: Stabilized Whipped Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on middle position.
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into ungreased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle mixture even over the batter in pan. Pour the hot coffee over the top; do NOT stir.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. The top should have formed a nice top crust. However, a toothpick inserted in center should reveal a molten center. Remove from oven, let sit for 15 minutes, and serve warm. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Leftovers can be covered and reheated in microwave.