Let the snack times roll, with these easy and healthy Pumpkin Energy Bites! Packed with nothing except only the good stuff.
- 8 oz chopped dates
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 cup dry, old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- In a food processor, add the dates, pumpkin, honey, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Pulse until incorporated and smooth. Using a rubber spatula, scrape mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients until fully incorporated. Cover tightly and chill 1 hour or longer.
- Form 1-inch energy balls using clean, damp hands (slightly wetting your palms will help a lot with ease of shaping, without sticking.) Keep energy balls in airtight container in fridge. Best served chilled.
If you’re aiming for GF, be sure to get oats that are labeled gluten free.