These Nut-Free, Gluten-Free Cereal Protein Bars use only 5 natural ingredients. They’re no-bake, super easy, and extremely tasty. Sweetened with pure honey, these healthy bars are perfect for breakfast, snack, or pre/post workout fuel.
- 4 cups of toasted oats cereal (gluten-free brand)
- 1/2 cup dried berries (cranberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup pure raw honey (a bit more if needed)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup* creamy sunflower butter (I use SunButter)
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, dried berries, and sunflower seeds. Mix well.
- In a pot over medium heat, use a hand whisk to constantly stir honey and sunflower butter until completely smooth and fully incorporated, about 30-60 seconds. Remove from heat as soon as mixture turns smooth and “silky.” It should not boil/be overcooked, or else the mixture may “seize” and lose its ability to stick well. Let mixture cool 3-5 min.
- Pour honey mixture over the dry cereal mixture, tossing to coat really well.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. You’ll need to really press hard so mixture adheres; be sure to firmly press down the sides and corners also. Cover and chill in fridge several hours before cutting into bars.
*I use 1/2 cup creamy sunflower butter, but if your cereal mixture needs more to stick, you can use 2/3 cup