This Nutella Bread Pudding wins everyone over! Serve with fruits for breakfast/brunch, or with ice cream for dessert. Nobody ever complains, no matter what time of day. Super easy, decadent, and perfect. You won’t regret it. (This one’s not recommended for overnight soaking.)
- 3 large, flaky croissants (preferably 1–2 days old)
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Optional Toppings: Chopped pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter or grease a small baking dish, such as a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Slice each croissant in half lengthwise and spread one side with Nutella. Place halves back together to make “Nutella sandwiches.” Cut each filled croissant into 2-inch pieces.
- Place sandwich pieces into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, vanilla extract, salt, and sugar, whisking to combine well.
- Pour custard over the croissant sandwich pieces, gently pushing bread down so every piece is soaked with custard. Allow custard to sit and absorb for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 10-15 minutes more, or until top is golden brown and bread has risen/puffed up. Liquid should appear completely absorbed.
- Let sit to cool about 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with berries for brunch, or ice cream for dessert.
- *Recipe makes enough for 2-4 people, so double it if you want to feed more people.
- Category: breakfast, dessert, brunch