These are the best Chewy Blondies (Cookie Bars) that’ll ever grace your taste buds! They’re chewy, chocolatey, and easier than cookies. Choose the color scheme of your blondie dessert for any occasion throughout the year.
- 1/2 cup salted butter, soft but not melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup M&M’s for dough, plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil, with enough excess to create a “sling” that reaches over the edges of pan for ease of dessert removal. Lightly grease the paper or foil. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (alternatively, you can use a large mixing bowl and electric hand mixer) add the softened butter and brown sugar; mix on medium high until mixture if fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, mixing to combine. Slowly and gently add the flour and salt, switching to low speed; mix just until combined (do not over mix)
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chocolate morsels and M&M’s. Scrape dough into lined/greased pan, ensuring corners are filled evenly. Bake about 25 min or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out barely clean. A few tender crumbs attached are great.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Carefully remove entire dessert with sling overhang, directly onto a cutting board. Cut into bars and plate to serve.
Loosely cover dessert with foil if top browns too quickly.
Keeps well in airtight container at moderate room temp for several days.
May be frozen in airtight container for several weeks.
- Category: dessert, sweets, treats
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blondie recipe, cookie bars