This One-Bowl Healthy Banana Bread is better for you and doesn’t sacrifice one ounce of flavor! It’s a supremely moist banana bread that’s loaded with only the good stuff you want. Here’s a healthy banana bread recipe you’ll feel great about.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw, unfiltered honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium-sized very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1.5 cups mashed)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TB ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- Optional: dark mini chocolate chips (nuts or dried blueberries work well, too)
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease 9×5 inch loaf pan with EVOO or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the first 6 (wet)ingredients. Stir with a hand-whisk until fully incorporated. Add remaining ingredients except for flour. Gently whisk to combine well. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the flour; fold repeatedly until flour is just combined, with some small lumps remaining (do not over mix the flour.) Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Use rubber spatula to completely transfer batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake about 50 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached. Let bread cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Run a thin, sharp knife along edges carefully and remove bread from pan to slice.
* We prefer mini chocolate chips, as they “melt” into the bread really well.
* If preferred, you can use all purpose flour or whole wheat flour. Note that whole wheat flour will result in somewhat of a more “textured” bread than the white-whole-wheat.
- Category: Breakfast, brunch
- Cuisine: American