This Chicken Enchilada Casserole takes less than an hour to make yet tastes like you spent way more time than you did. It’s a hearty, healthy, flavorful meal in one.
- 1 cup dry long grain white rice (brown is great too, but takes longer to cook)
- 10 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp ground onion
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken (I use rotisserie in a jiffy)
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed/drained
- 1 1/2 cup Mexican blend or cheddar-jack shredded cheese
- Optional: chopped fresh cilantro or green onions for garnish, extra salsa, or guacamole
- Cook rice in a medium-large or large heavy pot, according to package instructions. While rice cooks, pre-measure all needed ingredients. Shred the chicken, if you’re using it. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all ingredients into pot of cooked rice, except for the cheese. Stir to combine thoroughly. Sprinkle cheese on top evenly. Bake uncovered about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro or green onions, if desired, and serve with toppings of your choice.
- Brown rice can be used instead of white rice; cook according to package instructions.
- Feel free to make it meatless, use another protein, or add in other veggies.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating 🙂
Keywords: chicken enchilada casserole, enchilada bake, gluten free enchilada