This One Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken is extraordinarily delish! It’s super easy for any weeknight dinner, yet tasty and impressive enough for serving friends on the weekend.
- 2 TB salted butter
- 2 TB all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup regular chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 oz) thinly sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 lb shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (17.5) oz package potato gnocchi (usually found in the dry pasta aisle; not frozen)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F with rack on upper middle position.
- In a deep/large and oven-proof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 3 minutes until a smooth roux is formed. Whisk in milk and chicken broth until incorporated. Simmer and whisk constantly until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Whisk in nutmeg, onion powder, garlic, and kosher salt/ground pepper to taste.
- Add shredded chicken, mushrooms, uncooked gnocchi, and spinach to the mixture. Stir gently until well coated through, 30 seconds. Sprinkle parmesan evenly over the top and bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly at around the edges and gnocchi is tender. If desired, broil 2-3 minutes to further brown the top.
This dish can easily be made meatless by omitting chicken, adding additional mushrooms/spinach, and using veggie broth.
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: gnocchi with spinach and chicken