This One Pot Lemon Orzo with Shrimp is healthy, easy, quick, and absolutely mouthwatering! Kids and grownups alike will devour this dish. It comes together in 30 minutes or less, making it an excellent weeknight meal.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz dried orzo pasta
- 2 1/4 cups regular chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, juices reserved (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, bite size
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved/grated parmesan cheese
- Towel dry the shrimp. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, toss, and set aside.
- In a large oven-proof pan, heat 2 TB olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, basil, oregano, and stir about 3 minutes. Stir in orzo and continue stirring about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and 1/4 cup reserved tomato juice. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer. Simmer just until pasta is under al dente, about 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, broccoli, and lemon juice. Stir in shrimp. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir again and simmer 1 minute longer if needed, just until shrimp turns opaque.
- Serve immediately with fresh parmesan.