This One Pot Pizza Pasta is super quick, easy, and tasty. It’s the perfect busy weeknight meal. The pasta cooks right in the saucy liquid, saving you from cleaning more than one pan for the entire dish. Kids and adults alike adore this simply yummy pasta.
- 8 oz Italian sausage, no casings
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, cut into bite size quarters
- 24 oz can pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 13 oz dry rotini pasta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
- In a large oven-proof skillet, brown sausage over medium high heat, breaking it up as you brown, 3-5 min. Stir in half of the pepperoni until heated through, 1 min. Add pasta sauce, diced tomato with juices, sugar, onion, powder, garlic powder, oregano, and basil. Add 1 3/4 cups water, stir well, and add salt/pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Immediately cover and reduce to simmer. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 14 minutes. Remove from heat. Top with mozzarella, parmesan, and remaining pepperoni. Place into oven, uncovered, and broil 1-2 min or just until cheese melts and bubbles. Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with chopped parsley.