These ham and cheese sliders are the perfect finger food for parties. They’re an instant crowd pleaser. These cheesy sliders can easily be prepared ahead of time.
For the Sliders:
– 12 count package Hawaiian style dinner rolls (or rolls of your choice)
– 5 oz onion chive cream cheese, very soft
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 10 oz thinly sliced ham, cut to bite size (I use Bayonne ham)
– 6oz thinly sliced sharp white cheddar
For the Topping Sauce:
– 4 TB real butter
– 1/4 cup minced onion
– 1 TB minced garlic
– 1 TB chopped parsley
– 1 tsp mustard
Prepare Sandwiches: Slice dinner rolls in half horizontally. Stir softened cream cheese with 1 tsp garlic powder until well combined and spreadable (I microwave cream cheese 20 sec or so, to get it extra soft.) Evenly spread cream cheese mixture onto the top/bottom centers of split rolls. Place bottom halves onto baking sheet. Evenly layer each bottom roll with ham and cheese. Place top halves of dinner rolls over the filling. If not baking right away, cover airtight (I often use another sheet pan of the same size, or just cover tightly with foil) and chill until ready to bake.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
Make the Topping Sauce: In a saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients over low heat. Stir until melted and incorporated. When ready to bake sliders, Brush butter mixture evenly over the tops and edges of sliders. Try to get most of the butter mixture to sit on top of rolls.
Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melty. Remove foil and bake 8-10 minutes more or until tops are nicely golden; watch closely towards end of bake time so that tops don’t burn. If your sliders are still connected, carefully cut into individual sliders so they’re easy for people to grab and go. Be careful, they’ll be very hot!
- Ham and cheese sliders are best served soon after baking; they’ll be melty, hot, and delish! You may want to slice/separate sandwiches so they’re easy to grab.
- Leftover sliders can be reheated in a toaster oven or regular oven, but watch closely so they don’t burn on top.
- Recipe can be doubled, following same instructions.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Ham and Cheese Sliders