These Peanut Butter Honey Cereal Bars are easy, healthy, and perfect for healthy breakfast or high energy snack on-the-go!
- 4 cups of toasted oats cereal
- 1 cup dried berries (cranberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 2/3 cup pure honey (a bit more if needed)
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, dried berries, and peanuts. Mix well.
- In a pot over medium heat, use a hand whisk to constantly stir honey and peanut butter until completely smooth and fully incorporated, about 1 min. Remove from heat as soon as mixture turns smooth and “silky.” It should not boil/be overcooked, or else the peanut butter may “seize” and lose its ability to stick well. Let mixture cool 3-5 min.
- Pour peanut/honey mixture over the dry cereal mixture, tossing to coat well.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. You’ll need to really press hard so mixture adheres; be sure to firmly press down the sides and corners also. Cover and chill in fridge several hours before cutting into bars.
We’ve made these bars using various brands of PB, all with nice results. If using PB with no sugar added, feel free to bump up your honey amount to 1 cup if you like your bars a bit sweeter.
- Category: Breakfast or Snack