These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are teeming with all the goodness of peanut butter and oats. They’re delicious and ultra satisfying. Whether you’re gluten-free or dairy free or none of the above…you’ll love these cookies.
- 2 cup creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy Naturals, with 3g sugar)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda (Arm & Hammer or other GF brand)
- 1 cup quick oats (this works best)
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except for the oats in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix with paddle attachment on medium speed until well combined. Turn to low speed and mix in the oats just until incorporated.
- Form heaping 1 tablespoon sized dough balls and place onto parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten them slightly, but keep them 2 inches apart. Use fork to press down, creating criss-cross pattern on cookies.
- Bake 8 minutes. They should seem slightly underbaked; they’ll set up nicely as they cool.
- Let cool a few minutes on pan, carefully transfer to wire rack, and finish cooling.
If your peanut butter is unsweetened, you can add more sugar as needed. My favorite peanut butter for this recipe is sweetened.
Dough may be crumbly depending on your brand of peanut butter. If crumbly dough, just press it together into a ball shape, flatten a bit, and then press with fork. You can also add a bit more peanut butter as needed.
- Category: dessert