This peanut sesame noodle dish is fragrant with toasted Asian sesame oil and the nutty goodness of peanut butter. Sriracha provides the perfect sweet and tangy kick. You’ll keep coming back for more!
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cucumber; peeled, seeded, and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped scallion
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup smooth (not chunky) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 2 TB Asian rice vinegar
- 4 TB Asian sesame oil, divided
- 2 TB packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1–2 tsp Sriracha
- Optional Garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, chopped roasted peanuts
- Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients for the Sauce in a medium bowl (except for garnishes) and set aside. *This can be done a day or two in advance.
- Cook: Cook spaghetti in large pot of salted boiling water to al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer drained noodles into large serving bowl. Sprinkle 2 TB sesame oil onto cold noodles and toss to coat.
- Toss: Add cucumber, garlic, carrots, scallions, and shredded chicken to the noodles. Toss well. Whisk sauce again and pour over noodle mixture; toss well to ensure even coating.
- Serve: Divide into serving plates and serve at room temp. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped peanuts if desired.
For meal prep: The sauce can be prepared a day or two in advance and kept in airtight container in fridge. Vegetables can be sliced and chicken can be shredded a day or two ahead. Entire dish can be assembled the night before serving (we recommend tossing sliced cucumbers in right before serving.)
In lieu of rotisserie chicken, boil 2-3 chicken breasts or thighs in salted water until cooked through; shred the cooked chicken.
- Category: main
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: peanut noodles, sesame noodles, peanut sauce, sesame sauce, asian noodle dish