Pizza Quesadillas are a guaranteed family favorite meal. Grown-ups and kids have a blast with combining cheesy pizzas and crispy quesadillas into one. It’s the best of both worlds. Here’s how to throw your own pizzadilla party.
- Flour and/or corn tortillas
- Marinara or pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pepperoni (I used HORMEL® Pepperoni)
- Choice of Toppings: mushrooms, olives, sausage, peppers, tomatoes, etc.
- Olive oil for pan
- Place your ingredients in individual dishes. Let everyone build their own pizza quesadilla the way they like it (tip: leave a margin around edges so that sauce doesn’t leak when cooking.)
- On medium-high heat, heat enough oil in a large frying pan to coat the bottom surface. Once oil is hot/shimmering, place quesadilla in pan. Cook just until bottom is nicely browned; gently flip with a large spatula and repeat with other side. Slice as desired and serve immediately.
This is more of a how-to recipe, rather than a set recipe with specific amounts. Your amounts and choice of ingredients will depend on how many people there are and the toppings everyone likes.