These Protein Granola Energy Bars are a powerhouse of nutrition and energy! They’re loaded with the goodness of oats, honey, chia seeds, protein, and chocolate chips. Perfect for taking with you, wherever you go.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup sunflower (SunButter) butter (or a nut butter, if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup pure honey or real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Grease an 8×8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the sunflower butter, honey or maple syrup, milk, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated. Pour mixture into the large bowl of dry ingredients. Stir and fold until fully combined. Using a rubber spatula, scrape mixture into the greased baking pan. Firmly and evenly press down.
- Bake 18 minutes, or until edges turn golden grown. Center should still be soft. Let cool in pan completely before cutting into bars. If needed, cover and chill in fridge for easier cutting.
Bars can be sliced, wrapped, and frozen so they’re ready to go for breakfast or snacks anytime.
Double check that the brands you’re using are gluten and nut free, if needed.
If you’d like, see original article for variations and ingredient options; there are some great ideas.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Protein bars, Energy bars, Granola Bars