These Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes are crazy delicious! They are super soft, tender, and moist. The flavors of pumpkin and ginger shine beautifully. I love using fluffy whipped cream as the frosting, but whatever frosting you use, make sure to sprinkle plenty of coarse ginger-sugar on top. YUM!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 TB ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup salted butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
- Ginger-Sugar Sprinkle: 4 TB coarse sugar combined with 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3-4 min. Mixture should look pale yellow and texture should be airy. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating into mixture individually. Add vanilla and pumpkin, beating until incorporated.
- Using rubber spatula, fold the dry flour mixture into the wet butter mixture. Fold gently until just incorporated, with a few little streaks of flour here and there remaining. Distribute the batter evenly into lined muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached, 20-25 min. Do not over bake. Cool in pans 10 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely. Frost as desired. Sprinkle liberally with coarse ginger-sugar for garnish. Cupcakes keep well in airtight container at a moderate room temp; leftovers may be frozen.
- Category: cupcakes, dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: cupcakes, dessert
Keywords: Pumpkin Cupcakes, Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes