This Roasted Beet Hummus is striking in color and flavor. With only a handful of real, natural ingredients, it’s healthy and delicious. Great for guilt-free snacking and party appetizer!
- 3 medium (about 3 inches in diameter) beets, stems/leaves removed
- 1/2 cup Tahini (pure sesame paste)
- 3 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Pita chips or tortilla chips for serving
- Do Ahead: Preheat toaster oven or regular oven to 400F. Wrap beets individually in foil. Roast in oven about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender when pierced with fork. Carefully remove foil and let cool completely. Remove skin once cool (will be very easy.)
- In a heavy duty blender or food processor, combine roasted beets, Tahini, lemon juice, garlic, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Blend or process on medium high until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, scrape hummus into serving bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of olive oil (I use about 2-3 TB.) If desired, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with soft pita bread, crispy pita chips, or tortilla chips. Can be kept chilled, in airtight container, for several days.