This super easy Brownies Recipe yields a supremely chewy, fudgey, perfectly balanced pan of brownies. Dark chocolate and coarse salt make them taste like a restaurant indulgence, but you only need a handful of simple ingredients.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: coarse or flaky salt, coarse sugar, or powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Generously spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt butter in microwave in 20 second increments until just melted. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla, stirring to combine well. Whisk in eggs, stirring until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Use rubber spatula to fold flour mixture with butter mixture until just a few streaks of dry ingredients remain. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer batter evenly into greased baking dish, ensuring edges are filled evenly. Bake 28 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached. Do not over-bake.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle a light layer of turbinado sugar evenly on top followed by light sprinkle of flaky sea salt evenly distributed on top, if desired. Let cool completely in pan before cutting into squares. Serve at moderate room temp.
If using powdered sugar on top, wait until brownies are completely cool first.
Use bittersweet or dark chocolate chips for dark chocolate brownies.
Add chopped walnuts or pecans, if you like.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: dessert, brownies, chocolate
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownies, dark chocolate brownies