This Samoa Snack Mix is reminiscent of the ever-popular Girl Scout Samoas. They’re crunchy, sweet, a little bit salty, and full of your favorite flavors. This recipe makes a big batch, perfect for sharing.
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 box (12 oz) Chex cereal or similar cereal
- 5 cups mini crispy salted pretzels
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (the dry kind)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 250F with rack on middle position. Grease a large nonstick roasting pan. Add cereal and pretzels into pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add corn syrup and brown sugar. Mix just until completely smooth. Gently pour mixture over the cereal and pretzels. Stir to coat. Add coconut and gently stir to combine. Place in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes for 1 hour. Transfer snack mix to large sheets of wax paper, in an even layer. Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over snack mix and allow to cool completely. Store in airtight containers until ready to serve. Keeps well for up to a week.