These Samoas Cookie Bars are melt-in-your mouth, magically delicious! They’re like famous Samoas cookies, but made super easy in a dessert bar. You may like these Samoas Cookie Bars way better than the boxed originals.
For the Shortbread:
- 11 TB (almost 1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, softened but not at all melty
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp table salt
For the Bars:
- 2 cups Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted and divided
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Add flour and salt and continue beating just until mixture comes together to form a ball. Press dough mixture evenly into the bottom of your greased pan. Bake 15 min. Let shortbread layer cool while you prepare the rest of the dessert.
- In a bowl, combine caramel sauce with 1 cup toasted coconut*. Stir to combine well. Spread mixture evenly over the shortbread layer. Sprinkle the rest of the 1/2 cups toasted coconut on top of dessert and lightly press it in so it sticks. Cover and chill until dessert is completely cooled and set.
- Use sharp knife to carefully cut chilled dessert into bars. Place bars on a serving plate. Melt the dark chocolate chips* and drizzle it over the sliced bars. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Cover and chill leftovers.
* If needed, you can use store-bought caramel in place of homemade (the flavor will probably be somewhat different.)
* To toast coconut: Play shredded coconut in even layer on rimmed cookie sheet. Place in oven that’s preheated to 350F; bake 10 min., stirring frequently during the last half of baking time, to prevent burning. Be very watchful, as coconut burns fast.
* To melt dark chocolate chips: Place chips in glass bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between each increment. Repeat until just melted; take care not to overdo it, or it will seize up. Place melted chocolate in a small Ziploc bag, cut a small hole in the corner, and drizzle onto dessert.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Samoas Cookie Bars, Samoas Dessert Bars