These Self-Frosting Nutella Cupcakes are magical; they essentially frost themselves up. No need to fuss over a separate frosting for these Nutella cupcakes. These baby cakes are tender, easy to make, and even taste like magic.
- 2/3 cup salted butter, softened but not melty
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup original Nutella
- Optional: your choice of sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 325F, with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease muffin tin (or use liners.) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or use electric mixer,) cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 min. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth and combined.
- In another bowl, gently hand-whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Use wooden spatula to gently stir in the flour mixture with the butter mixture, just until mixture is combined – don’t over mix.
- Fill each prepared muffin tin a little less than two-thirds full. (Be sure to leave some space at the tops of muffin tin, as the cupcakes will expand quite a bit.) Add 1 heaping teaspoon of Nutella on top of each cupcake and use a toothpick dip into the batter and swirl.
- Bake 15-20 min, or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached (not fully clean.) Immediately sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles, if desired. Let cool on wire rack and serve.
- Category: dessert