Sheet Pan Roast Chicken with Potatoes is full of zesty, bright flavors that everyone will devour. Fully prepare it a night (or two) beforehand, and simply pop it in the oven before dinner.
- For the Marinade:
- Juice and Zest from 1 large lemon
- Juice and zest from 1 sweet orange
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 TB pure honey
- 5 TB whole seed (or coarse ground) mustard
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- For the Chicken & Veggies:
- 4 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and legs
- 6–7 baby potatoes, quartered
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Garnish: freshly chopped parsley
- Prep Marinade: In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- Towel-dry the chicken pieces well, so that all excess moisture is removed. Use a fork to pierce chicken pieces all over thoroughly. Place chicken in the bowl with marinade. Toss to coat well. Add potatoes, carrots, and onion; toss to coat. Cover tightly and place in fridge to marinade up to 2 nights.
- Allow chicken to come to room temp for 1 hour prior to roasting. Preheat oven to 425 with rack in middle position. Transfer chicken/veggies/marinade mixture onto a large rimmed sheet pan, ensuring everything is in an even single layer. Roast 50-60 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Serve warm.
- Category: chicken, dinner