Sheet Pan Roasted Greek Chicken with Garlic Potatoes – this dish is easy, delicious, and full of flavor your family will love. It’s a one-pan meal deal that requires minimal cleanup.
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 lb small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- Seasoning Mixture:
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 TB fresh thyme leaves
- 2 TB fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: slices of lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on middle position. Generously grease a large rimmed sheet pan; set aside.
- Use paper towels to thoroughly dry chicken pieces to remove all excess moisture (this ensures that seasoning will adhere to chicken and also allow for much better roasting results.) Set aside.
- Make the Seasoning Mixture: In a bowl, combine all seasoning mixture ingredients and mix well to combine. Divide mixture in half.
- Rub half of the seasoning mixture onto chicken pieces; ensure that much of the mixture is spread evenly under the skin. Place chicken pieces skin-side-up onto greased sheet pan.
- Mix remaining half of the seasoning mixture with potatoes, ensuring even coating. Place potatoes evenly around chicken on the sheet pan. Use rubber spatula to transfer any leftover seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken and potatoes.
- Roast chicken and potatoes for 60-75 minutes, or just until chicken and potatoes are nicely browned and crispy on top. Serve with sauce drippings and lemon wedges, if desired.
This dish is delicious with Chopped Greek Salad.
- Category: dinner, main dish
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: Greek American
Keywords: roasted greek chicken, roasted chicken and potatoes