This Slow Cooker Corned Beef with Cabbage results in fork-tender beef that doesn’t even need to be cut with a knife! The veggies are flavorful and tender, and potatoes are succulent. Extra sauce is great for pouring over noodles, if you like.
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 lb corned beef brisket, trimmed, with spice pack
- 4 cups regular beef broth
- 6 oz beer
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 TB whole peppercorns
- 7 fingerling potatoes or baby red/gold potatoes, halved
- 1 medium head of cabbage, sliced
- In a large slow cooker, place baby carrots and onion into the bottom. Place corned beef on the veggies. Pour in the beef broth over the meat/veggies. Add the beer, garlic, and peppercorns. Sprinkle on the contents of spice pack that came with your corned beef. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Add potatoes and cabbage, try to submerge them in the liquid as much as you can, and cook 2 more hours on low, for a total of 12 hours. This will result in a corned beef that is very fork-tender and can easily be pulled apart rather than sliced. (If you prefer a less tender beef that you can slice, cook for a total of 9 hours instead of 12 hours.)
Keywords: corned beef with cabbage, slow cooker corned beef, crockpot corned beef