This slow cooker pork loin is fork-tender, flavorful, and has the best gravy! You can also use the smaller tenderloin cut, but be sure to lessen cook time to about 4 hours instead of 7. Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies, drizzled with this gravy!
- 3 lb pork loin, trimmed and cut little slits all around the pork
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 2 TB regular strength soy sauce
- 3 TB cornstarch, completely dissolved in 3 TB water*
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, ground ginger, onion powder, salt, thyme, and pepper, whisking to combine. Rub seasoning all over the entire surface of pork loin. Do not trim pork loin, as it needs a bit of fat for a tender result.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until very hot. Brown pork loin on all 4 sides, a few minutes per side.
- Transfer pork loin to slow cooker. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Pour over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. (If using tenderloins, reduce cook time to about 4 hours.)
- When finished, baste pork loin and transfer the pork to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour all the liquid from the slow cooker into a sauce pan. Add dissolved corn starch. Stir well. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce turns thick and gravy-like. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm roast with gravy.
It’s important that cornstarch is fully dissolved in water prior to using in recipe. There should be no white spots or streaks that remain. It should have somewhat of a “chocolate milk” appearance (even miniature cornstarch bits that aren’t fully dissolved will result in a lumpy gravy, which you don’t want.)
This recipe is written for pork loins. If you’re using the smaller cuts of pork tenderloins, be sure to reduce cook time as specified.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
Keywords: Slow Cooker Pork Loin with Gravy, Crockpot Pork Loin