S’mores Dessert Bars are a must-have for summer gatherings! This S’mores Dessert Bars recipe makes a luscious pan of irresistible deliciousness that will be snatched up in an instant. These s’mores dessert bars are arguably better than regular s’mores.
- 1 cup honey graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temp
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 whole bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate bars
- 7 oz container of marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Grease a 9×9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt; whisk well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the softened butter with brown sugar until “fluffy,” about 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed. Beat in egg and vanilla extract just until combined. On low speed, gently mix in the flour mixture with the butter mixture just until incorporated; don’t over mix. Place 1/2 cup of the mixture in the fridge to chill and reserve for topping.
- Use remaining mixture to press into bottom of greased baking pan, ensuring batter is evenly spread to corners. Place chocolate bars evenly over crust, breaking the last bar into pieces to fit the pan. Evenly spread marshmallow creme on top of chocolate.
- Crumble reserved 1/2 cup crust mixture evenly over the top. Bake uncovered, 25-30 minutes or just until top is golden brown. Let pan rest at room temp on wire rack until completely cool. Once dessert is cool, carefully slice into squares and serve. Leftovers can be stored in fridge or freezer in airtight container.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American