These Soft Lemon Pudding Cookies are chewy soft, with a delicious soft-batch texture. They’re supremely lemony, with the most amazing lemon glaze. Make the dough ahead of time if you like; it freezes nicely.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened just to room temp
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant lemon pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp lemon extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- For the Glaze: 1 cup powder sugar, 2-3 TB milk, and zest of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together well and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar on medium high, until light and fluffy. Add pudding mix and beat until incorporated. Add eggs and lemon extract, blending well.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture. Using rubber spatula, fold dry and wet ingredients together just until fully incorporated. Add the white chips and mix into the dough. (If it gets too hard to mix, use clean hands to work the dough)
- Dough will be a bit sticky. Cover tightly and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form 1 inch balls of dough and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake about 8 minutes or just until edges look golden brown. Cookies may seem slightly underdone, but they will firm up upon cooling. Don’t over bake.
- Cool on baking sheet about 10 minutes, and remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- * Note: These cookies keep very well at room temp in an airtight container. Unbaked cookie dough can be tightly wrapped up and frozen for later use.