This Southwestern Barley Salad is packed with delicious flavors of cilantro, lime, and seasonings. It’s healthy, wholesome, and perfect for picnics or lunch.
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Do ahead: Cook barley according to package instructions until tender (generally, boil for approx 1 hour in a large pot of salted water) Drain cooked barley in colander. Rinse, tossing, with cold water until starchiness is washed off.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir to combine well. Add rinsed/drained cooked barley. Stir to combine. Add additional kosher salt and pepper as needed. Let salad chill 1-2 hours, covered, for flavors to meld before serving.
- Category: salad, side