This Southwestern Chopped Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is intensely bright and colorful, both in looks and in flavor! The flavors are fresh, zesty, and delicious. Most of the ingredients can be prepared ahead of time and assembled right before serving.
- For the Salad:
- Large head of romaine lettuce, washed/dried and roughly chopped
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn, drained
- 2 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional: Crispy tortilla strips for topping
- For the Dressing:
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 2 TB freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 TB pure honey
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Make the Dressing (can be done up to several days ahead): In a blender or food processor, blend all dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add more seasonings to taste. Transfer to airtight container and keep chilled.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Gently toss to combine. Toss in desired amount of salad dressing to coat. Top with crispy tortilla strips if desired. Serve immediately.
- Category: side, main