This Spicy Thai Grilled Shrimp is succulent, tender, and mouthwatering. The sauce is amazing. Be sure shrimp is cold when you put it on the grill, to avoid over cooking. It cooks super fast!
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, kept cold
- 4 TB salted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (sometimes labeled “for chicken” found in major grocery stores’ Asian aisle; a thick orange-red sauce with red pepper flakes in it)
- 2 TB fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and thread shrimp onto four 12-inch skewers (wood skewers must be pre-soaked in water first.) Brush with 1 TB butter and season with cayenne and a pinch of salt on both sides. Keep chilled until grill is ready.
- Heat Thai sweet chili sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbling. Off heat, whisk in remaining butter, lime juice, and lime zest. Cover and keep warm.
- Grill shrimp over hot fire, about 30-60 seconds per side. Brush with glaze and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: Thai Grilled Shrimp, Shrimp Skewers, Shrimp Kebabs