Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles are full healthy, delicious, and easy to meal prep. Can be served warm, room temperature, or cold.
For the Noodles:
- 16 oz uncooked spaghetti or linguine noodles
- 2 TB Asian toasted sesame oil (found in Asian aisles)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced into thin strips 2 inches long
- 1 cup chopped fresh green onions
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 hot water
- 2 TB Asian rice vinegar
- 3 TB regular soy sauce
- 2 TB pure honey
- 2 TB freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 TB grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 TB Asian toasted sesame oil
Optional Garnishes: chopped salted/roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, Sriracha chili sauce
- Cook: In a large heavy pot, cook noodles in well-salted boiling water, according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water thoroughly. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle with 2 TB Asian sesame oil. Toss well and set aside.
- Sauce: While pasta is cooking, prepare peanut sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients and whisk together in a bowl until fully incorporated. Set aside (note: sauce can be made in advance.)
- Toss: Toss sauce with cooled noodles until well coated. Add bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, and shredded chicken, tossing to combine well. Can be covered and chilled or kept at room temp until ready to serve. Garnish as desired when ready to serve.
Peanut Sauce can be made 1-2 days in advance. Keep chilled in airtight container until ready to use, and stir before use.
Entire dish, minus garnishes, can be prepared the night before. Keep covered and chilled.
Feel free to omit chicken for a meatless version.
- Category: dinner, main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: Thai noodles, Asian noodles, Cold noodles, Peanut noodles, Peanut sauce