This Spinach, Ham, and Cheese Quiche is absolutely divine for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner. Bonus: It’s gluten-free and a fail-proof hit.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeeze-dried of all liquid
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fully cooked ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 400F, with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9″ deep pie dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined. Add spinach (be sure you’ve squeezed out all excess liquid,) cheese, and ham. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into greased pie dish and bake 30-40 minutes or just until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let quiche rest at room temp for 5 minutes before cutting.
Recipe is for one 9″ deep dish pie pan.
Recipe is GF without crust, but if you prefer crust, feel free to use any store-bought or homemade crust.
It’s important to squeeze-dry all excess moisture from defrosted spinach, to prevent extra liquid from altering the filling.
- Category: breakfast, brunch