This salad is perfect for spring and summer. It’s hearty, healthy, crispy, and delicious! The lemon vinaigrette dressing is superbly refreshing.
- For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 TB honey
- 3 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 small lemon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard, coarse ground with visible seeds
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup dry Farro, presoaked in water overnight
- 20 thin spears fresh asparagus, edges trimmed
- 1 cup baby spring greens
- 16 oz pkg fresh strawberries, sliced
- 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted sugared/sliced almonds
- Make the dressing ahead of time: combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Transfer to an airtight dressing jar and keep chilled until ready to use.
- Cook presoaked farro according to package instructions, 10-15 minutes or just until tender. Drain well and let cool (or rinse with cold water for quicker cooling.)
- Blanch asparagus in salted/boiling water just until color changes to a bright green, 30-60 seconds, depending on thickness of your asparagus. Drain, cool, and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooled farro, cooled asparagus, and baby spring greens. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over mixture and toss gently to combine well. Gently toss in the strawberries, mandarin oranges, and crumbled feta. Add more dressing if desired and toss. Top with toasted almonds and serve immediately.