This Strawberry Avocado Caprese Salad recipe is simple yet stunning! It’s healthy, quick, and tastes irresistibly delicious. You’ll want extra dressing to pour onto everything!
- 1/3 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls (extra mini)
- 1 cup sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 large semi-ripe avocado, diced and sprinkled with lime juice
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn to small pieces
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Optional: honey roasted almonds, chopped or slivered
- Balsamic Reduction: In a small saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Boil and stir 3-4 minutes or just until liquid is reduced by about half; should be thick and syrup-like. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool to room temp.
- Toss: When ready to serve, add all remaining ingredients to a large platter or bowl, folding very gently with rubber spatula. Add kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with almonds if desired, and serve immediately.
Slice the avocado last, prior to serving, and sprinkle with lime juice in order to prevent browning.
Caprese salad is best when tossed and served immediately. Be sure all ingredients are chilled prior to slicing/combining.
Balsamic reduction can be made up to 24 hours in advance and kept covered at room temperature.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: salad, side
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: caprese salad, strawberry avocado salad, strawberry caprese salad